Reflexive Pronouns The reflexive pronouns are: We use a reflexive pronoun: When we use a reflexive pronoun as a direct object when the object is the same as the subject of the verb: I am teaching myself to play the piano. Be careful with that knife. You might cut yourself . We can use a reflexive pronoun as direct object with most transitive verbs, but these are the most common: amuse blame cut dry enjoy help hurt introduce kill prepare satisfy teach Some verbs change their meaning slightly when they have a reflexive pronoun as direct object: Would you like to help yourself to another drink? = Would you like to take another drink . I wish the children would behave themselves. = I wish the children would behave well . He found himself lying by the side of the road. = He was surprised when he realised that he was at the sid...
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario